To facilitate the development of a sustainable and resilient energy system for the Greater Sandpoint Area. To inspire reduced fossil fuel consumption. To explore and encourage local sustainable viable sources of energy production and systems for our local community.
- Head toward a carbon neutral community
- Assist community in becoming energy independent
- Explore energy conservation methods, make information accessible to community at large
- Explore a variety of energy production systems, make information accessible to community at large
- Inspire projects that quantify alternative energy production options
- Inspire, promote and assist development of local businesses to produce alternative fuel systems
In the last few months a project to form an Ethanol co-op has been started. Since Auagust 2010 the co-op holds its own meetings.
Ethanol Co-op Meeting notes
August 23, 2010